Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday night fun

A little part of my car broke today. It really wasn't a very big part at all. Since we had to deal with getting to that part, we figured we better replace the cracked serpentine belt, too. $100, 4 hours, lots of grease, and some interesting swear words from Kevin, and it's fixed right up now. Thanks honey!

After that, I showed Kevin and Natalie the treasure that I got from a buddy at work.



It's a life preserver from an airplane. After a certain number of years, they are retired, and this is from a plane that my boss used to have. When I saw it, I know it would be a lot of fun to check it out. I'm always curious about how this stuff works. A CO2 cartridge can inflate this thing quickly? How quickly? Is it loud?

I told Natalie that I'd let her do it. She asked if it would hurt. I told her, "If I knew the answer to that, I'd do it myself. Why do you think I want YOU to do it?" Of course, I was joking, but it made her nervous. I assured her that, if it is put out there to save your life, it wouldn't hurt you. Inside, I was wondering if it would scare her, and make her THINK that she was hurt.

Well, she did it, and it was hilarious...for everyone except Natalie. It scared the bejeebees out of her.



Wanna see all 5 of the series?

Life Preserver

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.

Anne said...

Poor lil kid........I'd cry too. I'll give you a buck if you show up at MCI wearing it! hahahahah Anne

Rhianna said...

Ok thats so funny.
It reminds me of a guy I subscribe to on youtube. Now hes not for everyone but I find this particular video LOL funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDlT-qGYEfE

its 1:11 in thru 1:53.

But maybe I should warn of adult language and sexual "lifestyle".
Rhianna