Friday, October 17, 2008

All Alone

Well, here I am. Kevin took the girls South for the Maple Leaf festival. This is a BIG deal in Carthage. It's sort of fun, but it's a bigger deal to Kevin. It's like a home coming to him. He sees folks he's known for years, and he enjoys every minute of it, good or bad. I enjoy parts of it, but some of it just wears me out. A couple of years ago, I had to bow out, due to the busy season at work.

Kevin and the girls had a better time than ever that year. I wasn't there to point out the small, negative things that happened, and they were free to have a ball, not noticing the bad things. It was the perfect answer. Now, this is the tradition. Kevin takes the girls to Maple Leaf, and I stay home.

I love being alone! For a few hours. What then? Then I'm lonely. Yeah, I'm a social person, and I can only talk to the dog for SO long before I realize that he doesn't answer. Tonight is awesome. Tomorrow? Yeah, I'll be looking for company. Here are the plans, so far.

I'll sleep in, and then pick up Mom to go to the store. After that, I'll clean house, but it's not going to take long. Then, I'll probably go to Mom's again, so I can visit with Dad. In the evening, I have a friend coming over to spend the night. Yeah, I'm lame, but I can't STAND to be alone for very long. Most of you would love it, but I just feel empty and lonely if there isn't anyone to talk to (and respond. Sorry Hawkeye.)

I also reached for my camera three different times today. I sent the camera with Kevin. No camera=no stupid pictures from me. I know that you're happy about that, but it bums me out a bit. OK, off to watch Supernanny and play on YoVille. *sigh*

I'm lame.

No comments: