Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crying alone in my bedroom

So, I was over at Mom's blog, and saw this post.  As I sit here alone in my bedroom, I bawled like a baby.  I love animals.  I truly love them.  Cats are NOT my animal of choice, but I laugh daily at the antics of our feline family members.  I've grown fond of even them.

Hawkeye is the best dog I've ever owned.  He's loyal, loving, and well behaved.  Add in silly and personable, and you've got a great friend.  I thought I ran over him a couple of weeks ago (turns out I barely clipped the end of his foot, and he never even limped,) and when I heard that yelping that only a hurt dog can do, my heart stopped.  If anything happened to him, I don't know what we'd do.

Even my silly sharks bring me a lot of pleasure.  Watching them and the hierarchy in the aquarium (plus, that plecostomus is one ugly dude) is peaceful and fun.  A visit to Mom's wouldn't be complete without throwing the frisbee for Sadie, or saying hello to Blue while touching his velvety nose.

Yes, animals are an awesome blessing.  I don't know WHAT we'd do without them.  If you don't have a pet, I'm sorry.  If you're allergic, I'm sorry.  If you've never hung out with animals, no other humans around, I'm sorry.  They have a way of sensing what's going on, and knowing who the good guys are.  When Kevin and the girls are gone, Hawkeye lies close to me, and watches over my every move, making sure that I'm safe.

I gotta go hug my dog, now.

6 comments:

Hollie said...

I visited your Mom earlier. Her video of the lion does pull at the ole heart strings doesn't it? I too am an animal lover. I just posted on my blog about bringing in the dogs because it's going to be down in the 20s here tonight. My cats aren't too happy about it though. you can see them leering at them like you need to go back outside. LOL

Traci said...

As I type, my Westie is on the coffee table snapping at the last fly of the season. As exasperated as I get at the animals, I can't imagine not having them!

Helen said...

We love our two dog and get such pleasure watching them, they are intelligent and they can act so funny. They play up a storm with each other, making us giggle. Helen

Amy said...

Gee, I don't really like animals that much.

::pause::

haahahahahahahahahahahaaaa.....

Gigi said...

I love animals. They are the best friends you can have. If only they could talk. But they can with there eyes and actions.
Like cesar millian says they live in the now.

I couldn't live without my animals.
Take care :-)

Celeste said...

As I try to type here my Buddy is parked on my shoulder licking my tears...