Sunday, October 5, 2008

Productive and tired

We were very productive today. We try to kick butt on the house every weekend, since it deteriorates all week long. This week, Sunday was the day. Kevin left to grocery shop (I hate it, and avoid it at all costs,) and I got started on the house.

When Natalie woke up, I got her started on a task, then called Monica to tell her to head home from friend's house. It was time to clean. You can imagine how thrilled she was. We cleaned until Kevin got home with the groceries. Then, I turned on the race and kept cleaning. My buddy, Carl, caused a major wreck. Dang. He usually doesn't do that crap. Anyway, enough NASCAR.

Kevin put a hand rail on my deck while we kept cleaning. The girls did their rooms and I took care of the upstairs. This place is CLEAN! I even cleaned the oven. I HATE cleaning the oven. It's like new, though. I found a window on the door! You can SEE INTO the oven! Who knew?

We finished up and had some bacon, eggs, and biscuits for dinner. It's only natural. I mean, after all, Kevin and I had left-over chili for breakfast. DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME! The day balanced out, anyway.

Now, it's time to chill out and watch my Sunday shows. I'm exhausted, but it feels good to have a clean house. Laundry is still going, but that's only 5 minutes of work each hour. My sheets are clean, my comforter is clean, and the towels are almost done. Yup, by the time I go to bed, the laundry will be caught up.

*sigh* What a great feeling. How was YOUR Sunday?

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Mine was pretty darned good!

Anne said...

Good grief, are you trying to guilt me into cleaning my self-cleaning oven? I had eggs for breakfast and Chili for dinner. I don't judge you.....think I'll have it for breakfast....but I'm still not cleaning the oven. Anne

Traci said...

Yeah for you! I get to start on all that fun this morning. I'm getting off the computer now. I promise...