Friday, October 3, 2008

Go Tigers!

My hometown Tigers won the homecoming game 41-6. WoooHooo! GO TIGERS! We watched half of the game, and then came home so Monica could get ready for the dance. *sniff* Her first high-school dance. I'm pretty concerned about a dance that has 7th graders AND Seniors, but there are plenty of chaperones, and I'll pick her up early, so it's all good. I guess.

Wanna see her? OK



She was sick of smiling by the time I took this one, but she was a trooper about it.

Monica has been using a trumpet borrowed from the school for 2 years. I didn't want to buy one until I knew she was going to stick with it. Now, in 7th grade, she isn't only sticking with it: She's very good! I posted on facebook about being upset at not finding one we could afford, and the generosity of friends blew me away. Monica is now the owner of her OWN trumpet, for free. I cried on the way home, thinking about it, and she is SO stoked. She had to play a scale or two on it, right off the bat.

I get so upset about being broke. I worry about paying bills. Then, something like this happens, and I just feel so overwhelmed and blessed.

OK, time to peruse some journals, and maybe doctor up my own a bit. If not, I'll do it tomorrow. Either way, I have to get this place looking like my own right away.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Are you going to put the "who's following" gadget on your blog?

Rhianna said...

How exciting a HS dance in 7th grade!!! I would have loved that as a 7th grader. Or been completely terrified.
Isn't awesome to have such a blessing happen?! I love when that happens.
Rhianna

Traci said...

Me too on the whole being broke thing. I get all worried and physically ill over it and then something happens. Ain't God great?!