Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What a day!

After being away from the lab for 2 days, I knew that I'd be super busy today.  I figured that I was prepared for that.  When I got there, though, I found out that our supervisor was out sick.  Guess who fills in for him when he's gone.  Yup.  That would be me.

I got to follow through on 100,001 messes that he had started to work on before he got sick.  I had NO idea what was going on with any of them (out of town, remember?) and had to scramble to figure things out.  It was an impossible day in which things were left undone.  Just before 5, as I was celebrating the fact that the day was almost over, I got the call.

Supervisor has pneumonia and won't be in tomorrow, either.  AAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!  JUST SHOOT ME NOW!  The worst is, I'm supposed to be out of the lab on Friday, on a customer visit.  I may have to skip that visit, if things don't change.

I've decided that I'm a "back up person" for too many people.  Today, two of them were gone, and although their stuff all got done, none of mine did!  LOL  Maybe I'll start acting stupid.  I doubt that would work, but it's worth a try.  "Ummm, duh, errr, what's a computer?"

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Thank God I'm retired. That's all I have to say.

Celeste said...

Hate to be the barer of bad news but people with pneumonia usually are out for more than 2 days.... Hope today is better