Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meeting another blogger

I've met a lot of people that I've met online.  Most have been from the message boards that Kevin and I belong to.  These are some awesome people from all over the country, some of whom have stayed in my home, yet still like us.  LOL

We've been to Ft. Worth, TX, Chicago, IL, Liberal, KS, and almost made it to a gathering in TN, but Natalie broke her arm and we headed home.  I've never been disappointed with the folks that I meet.  I usually have enough online time "talking" to them that I "know" them before that face-to-face meeting happens.

Other meetings have come from blogs and AOL Journals (RIP.)  I remember meeting Russ for the first time.  He was WAY more nervous than I was, but I don't know why.  I'm the one who drove to OVERLANDFREAKINGPARK to meet him.  (he he)  We had a good time, and I think he did, too.  I met Traci for a quick "hello" when they were passing through fewer than 5 miles from my workplace.

You know that my job takes me to a lot of cities, but it hasn't offered a chance to meet up with any online pals.  It's either a bit too far from their home, or I can't afford enough free time, or something.  That all changes in March, though.

In a few weeks, I'll be in Pasadena, CA for the Western States convention.  I'll be close enough to Pam to meet up for dinner, and they schedule is going to allow it!  I'm so excited.  She's even offered to come to me, so I don't have to find my way around in a rental car.  Awesome, huh?  

The only scary part of the whole thing isn't scary to me.  It is scary to the great state of California.  They may not be prepared for a midwest hick like me.  HA!  Look out CA, here I come!

6 comments:

Donna. W said...

Wow, you get to meet Pam! Don't you DARE forget to take some pictures of the two of you!

Hollie said...

That is great!!! I agree with your Mom. Take plenty of pictures & have a gret time!

Lisa said...

Awwww I'm jealous, I want to meet you too, wish you were coming to San Mateo, Hugs Lisa

Pamela said...

I can't wait to meet you! We're gonna have a blast! I'll email you my phone number and you send me yours. I think we ought to have a "live" conversation sometime soon, ok?
Can't wait!!!

Mel said...

Aw, come on. We're not that bad. =]
You'll have a good time down there!

Celeste said...

Lucky Pam! i am glad yall get to meet. One of these days I will met you also!