Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sick

I woke up at 4am, showered, and headed to the airport.  An early flight into Charlotte, and then a short hop over to Myrtle Beach.  We found the hotel, checked in, and went down to set up our booth.

4 of 6 fluorescent bulbs were shattered.  You HAVE to have the lights with this booth.  We decided we'd go find a WalMart and find some later, no biggie.  After setup, we were hungry, and ready to find some food.  Using Dad's GPS for inspiration, we found the Firehouse Grill (or something like that.)

We passed it on the first try, and turned around.  Then, we saw that there was no entrance from this side, so I decided to turn right and make a third approach.  The right lane turned into an interstate on-ramp, and the next ramp was 9 miles down the road.  DANGIT!  We drove the 9 miles, and turned around.

That firehouse place sounded so fun, so that's what we were going to do, no matter what!  The GPS helped us find our way, and this time (30 minutes after we left) we made it into the parking lot.

We ordered what sounded good, my choice being the fish sandwich.  When it came, I noticed it tasted a bit weird.  I couldn't tell if it was the tartar sauce, or the fish, so I took one more bite, without the bun/sauce.  Nope, no better.  It didn't taste "bad," but it didn't taste good.  I gave up on it and decided to eat my onion rings.

They tasted good, but there were really greasy, so I didn't finish them, either.  I was worried that I'd be hungry after not eating much, but boy was I wrong.  By the time we got back into the car, I knew I was in trouble.  I knew that I was SICK.  We HAD to go get light bulbs, so I decided to keep going.

2 WalMarts (both bathrooms visited,) a Home Depot, and a Lowes, and NOBODY has the right bulbs.  They have the ones smaller, and the ones longer, but nobody had the 18" (super skinny) bulbs.  We have to have light, so we opted to purchase 4 new lights with bulbs.  Gee whiz, was I feeling like crap (pun intended) while we went through this nonsense.

Finally, we headed back to the hotel, but stopped at 2 souvenir shops on the way.  I wanted to get to bed, but I also didn't want to go home to my girls empty handed.  We will probably get another chance to shop, but we didn't want to chance it.  Now, if I don't get to another shop, Kameron, Natalie and Monica are all covered.

Now, in my bed, I'm not quite wishing that I was dead anymore, but I do feel a bit like there are alien spawn in my belly.  Very loud alien spawn.  My stomach sounds like I haven't eaten for days.  It rumbles loudly, I giggle.  Poor roommate Angel.  I'm sorry you're stuck with me tonight. 

Yes, I realize that this post is TMI in it's finest form, but did you expect anything else when you clicked on that link?  Thinking about it, I think Thursday's title would have been more appropriate for this entry.

8 comments:

Hollie said...

So sorry, but glad you are feeling some better.

Lisa said...

Awwwww hon, I hope you feel better fast, take it easy and rest, Hugs Lisa

Anne said...

i'VE been in that terrible situation myself. Food poisoning is never fun. I hope you are much better by now. Watch your eletrolites. Anne

Lisa said...

Sounds like an exciting day and a long road trip to find the right lights.
Lisa

Donna. W said...

I hope you feel better this morning.

Amy said...

I just made some beans. That should fix your tummy right up! (no? LOL)

FEEL BETTER!

Pamela said...

All that driving and now you're sick?? OMG I hope you are better today.

Anonymous said...

If Thursday's title was going to more fitting, should it have been "Wholly Crap, Batman"? :D