Monday, February 23, 2009

Homework, last-minute trips, and kids

I made it through the web classes today, even though one of them was to be taught by someone else.  I jumped in at the last minute and winged it.  I've sat in on that class before, but the second person is usually concentrating on screen-refresh rates and chat dialog questions, so I had to just teach it because I know the software, not because I knew the "class."  I did fine, without a "second-chair" person.

After that (and teaching my own class,) I got back to my desk after lunch, and joined the VERY few folks that were actually ON the phones.  We are very short-handed this week, and that makes the calls back-to-back, instead of 2-4 minutes between each one.  OK, I can handle it, and I did. 

Then, I joined the customers who are in town for the training class, and I had a good time.  We ate ball-park themed foods and visited.  Coolio.  After that, I came home to start the great car-shuffle.  I won't go into that here, since it would take a diagram to explain it, but the wheels are in motion for me to get a new(er) car.

I have homework to do before my class tomorrow.  I planned on spending an hour here at home, and get it done before I teach it tomorrow.  Not happenin'.  Monica has a lot of things to tell me about, and Natalie is bored (due to being grounded from all things electronic...don't ask) and making up things to talk about.

After trying (and messing up) for a while, I gave up.  New plan:  I'll go to work at LEAST 2 hours early tomorrow, and get my class prepped.  That leaves the girls to beat the crap out of each other while getting ready for school, but Brett will be here to call the cops, or the ambulance.  Whatever.  Seriously, they are arguing a lot lately, and I'm getting to the point of DONE.

Wow, what a bitchy post.  Things are fine, and my class will be fine.  I will have a fine automobile in a few days, and my last-minute trip will be fine.  What?  I didn't mention that?  Oh.

There is a trip to Nashville happening from Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning.  They asked me to go and do my thing, but we were too short-handed on receptionists (of which I am a backup.  Yeah, just another hat I wear.)  It was then decided, on Friday, that I'm not going.  Today, I found out that I AM going.  OK, regroup.

There is the major car shuffle going on Friday/Saturday, and I will miss most of it, but we should be all set for that to happen in my absence.  I think.  Heck, I still don't know who is driving what for the rest of the week, but that little red beauty should be mine by next week at this time.  I think.  Maybe.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Good luck with that.

Astaryth said...

LOL! Sounds like you have your hands full! Good Luck getting your new little red car. Just remember that cops always seem to spot the red cars doing something wrong first. I know, I used to have one a few years ago. ;p