Sunday, February 22, 2009

Patriotism

OK, this isn't a political post, so don't worry.  It's just about one moment of my life, that made me feel patriotic.

Someone once asked why people feel the way they do about singers/actors/athletes.  It may have been mom, or dad, or someone on JAD.  Anyway, I answered at the time that it's when they do something that moves you. (OK, that's a VERY short version of what I said.)

I'm watching my NASCAR pre-race stuff, picking up the house, and contemplating dinner when I see that Little Big Town is ready to do the National Anthem.  OK, I'm in!  I adore LBT.  The harmonies they offer are so rare these days.  I've never heard one of their songs that didn't blow me over.

So they start, and I get goosebumps.  The guys joined the girls after a few lines, and the goosebumps grew.  Oh.My.Gosh.  It was the best rendition I've ever heard, in my life, and I've been to a lot of sporting events, with a lot of artists singing this song.

I didn't cry, but my eyes burned, just a bit.  Call me crazy, but a beautiful song always moves me.  This one knocked my socks off.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Wasn't me or your dad that asked. Remember, I'm totally wrapped up in Iris Dement. Why? I don't know.

Rachel said...

Hmmm, must've been on JAD.

Celeste said...

Many times I hear that song and tears comes to me eyes...