Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Home and healthy

I got home at 11:30 last night.  I was absolutely exhausted, and went to sleep shortly after unpacking.  I didn't even see the girls before they went to school today!  I woke up shortly before 10, wondering what was going on.  LOL

I saw Mom and Dad for a few minutes, ran some errands with Kevin, saw Kami, shopped for a play pen or something for her to sleep in here (didn't get one) and enjoyed the 70 degree day.  Tomorrow, it's back to work.

Our last-ditch effort was K-Mart.  I knew this was a mistake, but it was worth a shot.  They had just the one we wanted, on clearance, at a much better price than we'd seen anywhere else.  Good deal!  Only, they had none in stock.  They checked the back and checked to see if any more would be coming in.  Nope.

Kevin asks A-hole manager guy if he'd sell the display.  Nope.  They can't do that.  What will they do with it?  Throw it in the dumpster!  He says that they are given by the manufacturer for display purposes, and they aren't safety regulated.  Sure.  I'm sure the Evenflo company has a special assembly plant for the unsafe display models.  Sheesh.

The worst is, even after telling us this, the super-hateful jerk manager walked away, and LEFT IT ON DISPLAY!  That way, more and more customers can think that it's available, just to be disappointed.  I think I'll stop by tomorrow to see if it's still there, and ask for the manager if it is.  I'll ask him to sell it to me.  He'll say no.  Then I'll stop by the next day.

After all, if I take a different route home, it's right on the way, and I need to make sure that he understands that he isn't the only one who can be an A-hole.  In fact, I think I'll show him how it's done, until they remove that display.

Fun.  My version of fun.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm glad that you made it home safely. That's ridiculous that he wouldn't sell you the display. I have been able to buy displays before when Walmart was out of something.

Traci said...

He he I like your version of fun!