Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A rough day is coming

Tomorrow marks five years since Kevin's brother died.  It's a tough day every year, and it just doesn't seem to get any easier.  His mom is really struggling (can you blame her?) so Kevin is taking a vacation day and driving down there tonight.  In fact, he just called to tell me that he arrived safely.

Tomorrow, all of Steve's buddies from the Carthage Fire Department are going to meet at the cemetery, and Kevin and some other family members will join them.  It doesn't seem like five years ago, and I'm glad that his firefighter brothers still take time to remember him.

Natalie has already had one bout of tears tonight, and is dreading tomorrow.  She is so tender hearted.  We'll all think about it a lot, like we always do, but more so tomorrow.  I've posted some links from when it happened and from some fallen firefighter websites.  In case you've missed any of the other times I've told the story.  I don't have it in me to tell it again.



3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Kevin's a good man.

Lisa said...

Awwwww hon, Hugs to you all, XO Lisa

Kelly Dawn said...

Sending you a great big hug...pass it on to Kev and mom...September marked 5 years since my baby brother passed away and it really truly honestly does not really get any easier...you just learn to mask it better...