Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Today at work

Today was an interesting day at work.  Production worked mostly a skeleton crew, to keep things moving that just HAD to move.  Because of the reduced production staff, and the fact that many studios were closed today, we decided to have all of the hourly customer service reps take the day off.  That includes both receptionists.

Because I used to be a receptionist for this company, guess who had the job for the day?  Yup, I was the only one answering the phones, and had only 4 people to pass the calls to, instead of our usual 12.  Interesting.

Most of the day was pretty slow, and we got a lot of extra tasks accomplished.  When a rush of calls would come in, though, it was funny to watch us scurrying around, trying to get everyone through to a live voice.  I have to answer without saying my name, or most customers would know that I'm a CSR, and would start asking me for help, blocking other incoming calls, so it's all a juggling act.  It made the day fun, though, because it was so different.

At 3:00, the calls had all but died, so they turned them off.  I, however, was stuck until 4.  A couple of people made some uninformed decisions, which caused a mini-catastrophe, and guess who got to clean it up.  Thankfully, my BWF Michelle was nice enough to stay and help me.  I hate cleaning up messes that I didn't cause.  Especially mind-numbing tasks such as reversing 98 transactions.  One.At.A.Time.

OK, back to the party.  I've taken some pictures, so I'll have an entry for tomorrow.  It could be a LOUD entry, if the video uploads correctly.

No comments: