Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

I found my holiday spirit.  Yeah, I was worried that it wasn't going to show up, but I found it today.  Everyone was in a light-hearted mood at work, goodies were passed around, everyone smiled and chatted about holiday plans, and we got to turn off the phones and head home at 12:30!

We were going to go shopping for a family Christmas gift on Friday, when my check hit the bank.  We were thinking "Wii" but knew it would be impossible to find.  This morning, I found out that our checks were deposited today!  WoooHooo!  Not only that, but I got my bonus gift card that we get each year.

I started hitting stores, knowing that I was crazy for doing it, on the way home.  We were right about not finding a Wii.  There were none to be found.  For the same money, though, I could get an Xbox 360, three additional controllers, and a 3-pack of games!  Heck Yeah!  Kevin and I talked about it, and decided to give it to the girls tonight.

We're all home for a long weekend, and I wanted them to have a chance to play it tonight.  They are thrilled.  I even played a bit!  We had a take-and-bake pizza, and some chips and dip, and just enjoyed the down time.  

I'm so glad I found my holiday spirit.

Tomorrow, we're going to Mom's for an odd sort of Christmas dinner.  We're pooling our resources to create a dinner including requests and favorites of different family members.  Noodles?  Check.  Sweet Potato Pie?  Check.  Roast?  Umm, ok.  LOL  It'll be great.

I'm thinking about sneaking a dip in the hot tub into my day.  What would Christmas be without a dip in the hot tub?  Or a roast?  Or glazed carrots?  Did I mention the glazed carrots?  Yummy.

Merry Christmas Eve!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Rachel, Merry Christmas to you and your family !!!!!, Hugs Lisa

Rhianna said...

You are crazy for going out on Christmas Eve! LOL I did manage to find a Wii at Walmart. Its my gift from my mom but she was having some bad luck finding one and it was discouraging her bc she didnt get my gift last year either.
Anyway have a great Christmas.

Dawn said...

Merry Christmas. Enjoy your Xbox.
One of our boys sent us a Wii for Christmas. The bowling is so real. He uis getting a Xbox from his wife for Christmas.

Astaryth said...

Woo Hoo! an x-box! I hope the girls love it.

I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very, Merry Christmas. May your day be filled with Family, joy, food and Love!

Grammy said...

Glad you guys had such a great day.
We missed you all down here and hope to see you soon