Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Answers

Only two folks asked, so you made it easy on me.  Neither question bothers me in the least.

My last meal would NOT be potato soup, although that may surprise Mom.  I love that stuff, but if I had it every day, I'd probably get burned out.  Maybe.  Probably not.  Anyway, the one thing that I would want for a last meal is Papa John's Pizza, with extra garlic butter dippin' sauce.  Yum.  I could take a bath in the garlic butter dippin' sauce.  Papa John is my hero.

As for how old I was when I had my boys, you must know that I didn't give birth to Jonathan.  If I had, I would have been barely 16 when he was born.  I started early, but not THAT early.  Jonathan is my step-son, technically, but my son in my heart. 

I married my first husband when I was 18, and had Brett a bit over a year later, when I was 19.  I appreciate it when folks tell me there is NO way I could have a 20 year old, but I do.  I will be 40 in March.  

To break it down, Kevin and I each had a son when we got married, and then had the girls together.  Yours, Mine, and Ours to be sure.  The girls are all that we have at home now, so we almost have a normal sized family.  When Jonathan lived with us for a short time, we had 6 in the house.

In fact, that's where my screen name came from.  Someone (I think it was Mom, but she can correct me if I'm wrong) saw the 6 of us climbing from the little blue car and said, "There's the Fierro 6!"  Now, if you want to find me on AIM, Yahoo, or any other application, search for fierro6.

I'm just sayin'.  

::added later for Celeste's question::

Kevin's shoulder will never be the same.  He still works really hard, but he hurts all of the time, and he likely won't get much better.  The workman's comp. case is still with the attorney, who said it would be over "soon" in August.  *sigh*  He needs a less physical job, but can't make what he's making anywhere else.  The surgeon said that he'd just keep ripping the shoulder apart, unless he finds a new vocation.  He has more knowledge and experience at this job than most folks can claim at their job. Catch 22.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

If I did not know you were almost 40 I would say nope no way.

Traci said...

Thanks for the background. I hate to hear that about Kevin's shoulder. Not good.
OK so who's child is Arick? Or how ever you spell it? I thought he was your's.

Pamela said...

Sorry to hear about Kevin's shoulder. I hope he's able to find a less physical job and not be in so much discomfort.
Have a very merry Xmas!