Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

What an awesome day!  The girls and I played with the Xbox a lot this morning, while the roast cooked slowly in the crock pot.  Around 10:30, we loaded up and headed to Mom's.  The roast was all I did, but she put together an awesome dinner of mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, glazed carrots and sweet potato pie.  It was a great meal.

After visiting for a bit, we headed back home.  The girls got right back on the Xbox, and I took a nap that lasted close to 3 hours!  Wow.  Naps are SO underrated!  When I woke up, I went right back to playing games with the girls.  I've since watched lots of TV, harassed some friends on facebook, and called some long-lost buddies to say "Merry Christmas."

I hope you all had a great day.  I couldn't have asked for a better one.  My family all seems pleased with the gifts, and the pressure is off.  Now, we look forward to a teen party on NYE, and hope for the best in 2009.

Good night, friends.  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. I can see you all loving that XBOX.
Glad you could get some rest.
Our dinner part went well. I'm too tired to post for once. Can you believe that? I always post...lol
LOL at your New Year's MEEZ. We are headed to Mom's tomorrow for round 3!
I'm having fun on Yo Ville here and there. Mainly clocking in - every few hours and dancing with friends for money...saving up for my TV. lol
Sonya

Hollie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for all! I know your meal at your Mom's was good. I saw the noodle making process. I know they were good.

Good Night!

Pamela said...

Sounds like a great Xmas to me! Eating great food and taking a LONG nap. Heaven to me!
Glad you had fun!