Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ready for bed

OK, I'm ready for bed.  I left early, sure that school would be cancelled.  At 5:15, it wasn't, so I put the phone beside Monica's bed and told her that, if school was in session, I'd call to wake them.  The streets in town were a sheet of ice, so I was SURE that there would be no school.

I slid down the road to the highway, and went to work.  The interstate was clear, so I was at work by 6:30.  School still hadn't been cancelled, so I kept working, and watching online for this little town to do the right thing.  They never did.

At 6:40, I called to wake the girls, and told them that school was in session.  They were less than pleased, but they got up and got ready.  They had to walk in COLD temps, on ICY roads, to go to school.  It wasn't uphill both ways, but almost! LOL

I'm not a fan of useless school closings, but EVERY bus route in this town is rural, and nothing was cleared.  I guess, from what the girls said, a lot of  bus riders were late today, and some had stories of scary stuff.

I logged 10 hours at work, and had about 2 hours of work left to do when I headed out at 5.  My BWF Michelle sent some hand warmer things home with me, for the girls' walk to school.  She's awesome.  I'll go in a couple of hours early again tomorrow, and try to keep up with my work.

I am NOT complaining about being busy.  I was worried that the busy season wouldn't happen, and my job would be in jeopardy, but all is good.   I am as busy as a one-armed paper hanger!  My job shall remain viable for a while.

OK, goodnight.

Blog ya later!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I don't see how they can make the kids go out when it's so dangerous. That's crazy!
Stay warm!

Donna. W said...

Hey, the girls are building character. When I was a kid, nobody thought twice about us walking to school in zero temps. (But it wasn't uphill both ways.)