Thursday, November 27, 2008

What an incredible day

Kevin made sweet potato casserole for our offering at Mom's.  Aunt Rena made green rice and baked the ham.  Mom made the turkey, rolls, potatoes, noodles, and 400 desserts!  It was an awesome dinner.  I ate only one plate of food and I was miserable.   Sure, the plate was piled 3-layers deep, but it was ONE plate!

Several of us took a walk back toward the cabin, with 4 dogs in tow.  Pat and Charlene came back to mom's (from Pat's folks' place) and Kevin and Monica  came back after their nap at home.  We watched some mindless TV and told lies, err, I mean STORIES.  It may have been the best day ever.  It was close, anyway.

I have to work tomorrow, but I'll be right back after work, to hang out with my favorite people again.  I have a whole weekend with them.  I'm excited.  Well, as excited as a fat, bloated chick can get.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  Some folks choose to be alone, some surround themselves with family.  We even got the web cam going to see my Georgia brother's family.  We got to see folks that couldn't join us in person.  That's a good thing, for sure.  Whatever you chose to do today, I hope it was a great day.

Mine was.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Rachel, glad you had a good turkey day !!!!!!!!!, Hugs Lisa

Traci said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great day! We did too. My aunts and grandma decided they wanted us to open Christmas presents since they never get to see us open presents.
Emma declared it was the best day of her life!

Pamela said...

I'm glad you all had such a good time!

Donna. W said...

Yep, it was a pretty darn good day.

Hollie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Family time is the "BEST"!

Bookncoffee said...

I am so glad that you all had a good time. I'm still celebrating. We have our meal at Mom's today with my sister and her family. We are taking the dog so the poodles can enjoy one another. (Mom's has a poodle too - lol). Anyway pray for us. Katy is driving - interstates mostly. My nerves will be shot.

Amy said...

dude - i'm loving the size of the coffee cup your meez has. LOL