Sunday, November 30, 2008

Enjoying my company

Kevin's mom (Grammy) and his sister (Susan) and our nephew (Steven) came up to see us last night.  Linda made some awesome potato soup, and we played cards for hours.  Rummy was fun, and a pretty good game.  Spades, however, was where I was spanked horribly.  Kevin and Grammy finished with 521 (you need 500 to win) and Susan and I climbed out of the points basement to finish with 20.  LOL  We lost by 501 points.

It rained a lot of yesterday, and eventually turned to snow flurries.  There wasn't much, but you could grab a handful off the deck rail, so I'll call it the first snow of the season.  I awoke this morning and hurried to the window to see if we got any more:


Yup!  The ground is almost completely covered.  Pretty, huh?  OK, it sounds like my company is waking up in there.  We were up until the middle of the night playing cards, so everyone is sleeping in.  I better go get some coffee going!

Have a great Sunday.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I love playing cards! I'm glad you had fun!

Hollie said...

Oh, I love the picture of the snow. It's so beautiful!

Celeste said...

I love playing cards and potato soup!

Astaryth said...

I passed something on to you at my blog... don't feel obligated to do anything with it, I just thought you deserved it.
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/2008/12/award-for-me.html

Traci said...

It was pretty! My only complaint with driving home through MO was getting to KC as the UMizz game was getting out and following all of those people to Columbia in the rain/snow! Such fun!