Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pondering the free stuff

OK, I know that you used to be able to get all sorts of free stuff on your birthday.  In my early twenties, I would get a free car wash, visit 3 different bars that offered a free drink, and even get a 1/2 priced pizza!  It's not as easy to find such things anymore.  You can get embarrassed in a restaurant if you like, but that's about it.

Now, though, I'm tuning in to the fact that we can get some free stuff for voting!  Don't get me wrong, I planned to vote anyway, but free stuff?  Starbucks is offering a free tall coffee, and Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shops are offering a free cone (I don't think we have one of those around here, but I'm gonna check!)

Now, since my body woke up at 5:30 on a Sunday, I'm off to google this a bit and see what else I can find.  If you hear of something good, let me know.  Maybe I'll just skip work and run around getting free loot!

Added later from what I found on Bargain list:

A few restaurant chains are doing their patriotic duty by giving away free food on Election Day this November 4th. Start the day with a free star shaped doughnut with patriotic sprinkles fromKrispy Kreme. Each customer that shows up with an "I Voted" sticker will receive one. Then head over to Shane's Rib Shack where they'll be giving away a free "Vote America Meal" that consists of three hand-breaded chicken tenders, fries and a 20 oz. drink. Here again you must show your "I Voted Today" sticker. Chick-fil-a is also fulfilling their patriot duty with a free Chicken Sandwich for all voters. Finish up the day at your localBen & Jerry's between the hours of 5-8pm, and you'll get a free scoop of ice cream. All offers valid on 11/04/2008 only

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I understood that you had to trade your "I voted" sticker to get the freebie. Which would mean you only get one.

Rachel said...

From everything I've read, you just have to have it on. Nobody's gonna want to give up the sticker, so I can't imagine them doing that. Who knows, though.

Traci said...

I'm ticked now. I early voted and got rid of my sticker. I could have eaten all day for free! We have all of those places around here. I love Shane's rib shack!