Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pandora and a cold Saturday

So, it's a blustery and cold Saturday here in middle America.  I went to work early and taught a web class, using new software that we haven't tested enough, so there were a few issues.  We worked through them, though, and the overall result was quite positive.  I'd rather not drive 1 hour each way on a Saturday, but with the response being this positive, how can I not?  LOL

After work, I heard a rumor that there may or MAY NOT be hamburger stew at my Mom's house, so guess where I stopped on the way home?  It was awesome, as usual, and my family met me there.  Not long after eating, I headed home.  I need to be home on Saturday, I need to be home when it's cold, and I need to be home after working.  Yup, that's 3 good reasons to be HOME.

For over an hour, I've been listening too, and fine tuning, my pandora station.  If you haven't set up a pandora station yet, you're missing out.  Of course, some folks don't physically need music as much as I do.  I've ridden in cars with people who don't turn on the radio, and it's like an alien concept to me.  TURN ON THE MUSIC!  www.pandora.com

Through facebook, I've caught up with some long-lost friends.  Even a couple of adults that I babysat for when they were kids.  I miss them and it's great to catch up.  Facebook is a cool thing.  Forget my addiction to YoVille, there are good things happening there.  I like it way better than myspace.  Sorry, myspace.

OK, I'm out for now.  I hope you all have a warm and wonderful weekend (what's left of it.)  I wish you all the comforts that can be offered by hamburger stew.  Haven't had it?  Head on over to Mom's place and ask for the recipe, OK?  LOL, sorry Mom.  I hope you don't get trampled by the millions (or the three) readers of this drivel.




5 comments:

Amy said...

mmm - hamburger stew. I make hamburger soup instead of stew. There are never any leftovers.

It's cold at your house? I hate you. Adrian just came in from playing....sweaty and red faced.

Donna. W said...

You're just now discovering Pandora? Good grief, I've been using it for months.

Marlene said...

Rachel, You and your Mom are so much like my daughter and me. She just turned 40, is married and lives 4 blocks over. She says she can open her door and smell what I am cooking. And then here she comes with a bowl or a pot.
Marlene

Astaryth said...

I'm figuring Hamburger stew is much like Hamburger soup.... and I agree that it's great when it's cold! Although my husband prefers my chili LOL!

And, Pandora ROCKS!

Traci said...

Sounds good! Can she post it on her site?