Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back on track

Over half of the customer service reps at work have decided to go on a weight loss challenge.  I sort of started the idea, after coworker M started dieting.  I was amazed at how many folks jumped at the idea!  My plan was to start tomorrow.

After sitting around all morning, though, I realized that I was letting a nice, sunny day go by outside my window.  I asked Natalie if she wanted to go for a walk.  She did, and Kevin joined us (Monica is at a friend's house.)  We walked 2 miles, making Hawkeye one happy dog.

I came home and fired up my old Spark People account, and started logging calories and setting goals.  I even did the strength training that they suggested.  It's cool, because you tell it what equipment you have available, and it will make a routine around that, instead of telling you to go buy something.  All I have are some dumbbells (no comments about my family here, ok?) so it gave me crunches, squats, arm curls, etc.  Natalie and I both completed what was suggested.

I've done this so many times.  Then, one day, I always sabotage myself and never get back to it.  I am really determined, and it helps that we are challenging each other at work.  Each week, we report lbs lost, and put $1 in the pot.  On January 1, the person with the most lbs lost gets the pot.  Money is a great motivator.  So is not being fat, for that matter.

I'd like to be able to wear some cute clothes to conventions next year.  I'll not be blogging much about my efforts, because that would be boring.  Heck, by the time I get done logging everything on Spark People, I'm sick of thinking about it.

Now, to be disciplined enough to walk in the dark.  Whether I walk morning or night, it's going to be dark.  And cold.  Hawkeye will like it, though.  He's passed out in the floor right now from our walk today.  He's out of shape, too!

5 comments:

Donna. W said...

Terrible time of year to try and diet. I need to watch it myself.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the....encouragement?

Traci said...

Gotta love moms! I was on Spark people but lost the spark. Good for you for getting back into it.

Amy said...

Meh. I don't even want to think about my fat. It's not that I mind dieting, but usually I'm the only one to plan, purchase, and cook.... It'd be nice to have somebody else do all that. Then I wouldn't have to think about it so much.

Gigi said...

I'm not fat really but flabby.. I need to tone up big time. But like you i do good for a while then pooter out.
Your right money is a good motivator. I may need to make some bets with my peoples.

good idea..

Thanks
Take care :-)