Monday, August 10, 2009

What's the big deal?

What's so great about facebook? Seriously, it's just another way to waste time, right? There's Mafia Wars, Yo'Ville, Farm Town, Quizzes galore, and just a lot of nonsense. I know my trailer trash name, my gangsta name, and what Family Guy character I am. Nonsense.

When someone hesitates to sign up, because of the above reasons, I have to agree with them. A lot of it is pure, grade A crap.

However:
  • I have found some long-lost high-school classmates and reestablished relationships with them.
  • I see what's going on in my Georgia brother's life.
  • I have learned a lot more about some coworkers that I don't see outside of the lab.
  • I have kept current on the lives of my favorite customers.
  • I am reminded of birthdays, in order to keep from looking like a forgetful jerk.
  • I have something to do with down time, especially in the winter.

So, yeah, it can suck some of your time, if you aren't careful. However, there are a lot of good things to be found on facebook. Pick the parts that appeal to you, "ignore" the rest, and have a good time. I am so glad that I found it.

3 comments:

Connie said...

LOL...love the comment above...I have never even checked facebook out....I live on this pooder as it is.. nothing around the house ever gets done-done-or done...but I make my blogs look purty,LOL

Anonymous said...

And...

You feel the need to defend Facebook why, exactly? (smilie)

Signed,
You Know Who

Rachel said...

Yes, I *do* know who! I'm not defending facebook, I'm just saying that I've gotten some good out of it, along with all the time-wasting stuff. And BOY can I waste some time.