What's so great about facebook? Seriously, it's just another way to waste time, right? There's Mafia Wars, Yo'Ville, Farm Town, Quizzes galore, and just a lot of nonsense. I know my trailer trash name, my gangsta name, and what Family Guy character I am. Nonsense.
When someone hesitates to sign up, because of the above reasons, I have to agree with them. A lot of it is pure, grade A crap.
- I have found some long-lost high-school classmates and reestablished relationships with them.
- I see what's going on in my Georgia brother's life.
- I have learned a lot more about some coworkers that I don't see outside of the lab.
- I have kept current on the lives of my favorite customers.
- I am reminded of birthdays, in order to keep from looking like a forgetful jerk.
- I have something to do with down time, especially in the winter.
So, yeah, it can suck some of your time, if you aren't careful. However, there are a lot of good things to be found on facebook. Pick the parts that appeal to you, "ignore" the rest, and have a good time. I am so glad that I found it.