Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stuff 'n stuff

We're doing great, here. Kevin is having fun in his home town, and we're getting along just fine here. The girls are really stepping up, doing chores, and helping me.

I was past the last town, on the way home, when Natalie called to tell me that she can get extra credit in Science if she brings a fruit or vegetable tomorrow. No problem, Mom has apples. Natalie says, "Can't I bring a squash?" Ummm, is squash a vegetable? I have NO idea! I stopped at Mom's, and she informed me that it IS a veggie. Did she just tell me that to get me to take a squash out of her closet? Maybe.

Anyway, I got home and started dinner, and Natalie started peeling squash. We've baked it in butter and brown sugar, and it's awesome. I hope her extra credit is worth it. I'm pooped.

Friday, I have friends coming over. I NEVER get to hang with friends, so I'm excited. Missy will spend the night, and Tammy's hubby will pick her up when he gets off work at midnight. I'm begging Melodie to join us, and Rhonda has promised to stop by.

We'll see. I'm hoping they all show up, but I've learned that 1 or 2 will show up if you invite 4-6. That's just how it is. Next time, I'm inviting 10! Or not. LOL

No comments: