Friday, October 9, 2009

Home alone...for a minute

I always crave quite and alone time. "I wish it could be that way right NOW," I think. And then, when it happens, I'm sad.

Kevin is in Carthage until a week from Sunday. Tomorrow is the golf tournament for the Steve Fierro scholarship fund (putting prospective firefighters through school) and next week is the Maple Leaf Festival. I suggested that he stay for the week, and cut the gas money in half. Also, I knew it would thrill his mother, and it would let him relax for a while.

Anywho, I got home today to an empty house. Natalie is at the football game, and Monica is at a friend's house down the street. Quiet and blissful, right? Nope. I'm lonely. This may be my biggest flaw. (do NOT comment on my bigger flaws, OK?)

Monica just called, however, and asked if her friend could spend the night. (I can still hear her saying it like she did when she was 2-3 years old..."can she spen' a nigh?" *sigh* So they're on the way over here. Natalie will soon be home from the game (I won't let her stay for the whole thing by herself) and this house will be loud and crazy.

As it should be.

No comments: