Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm sick of being cold. I'm just sayin'.

Kevin isn't going to stay with the job. He found out today that some things could happen that he doesn't feel medically ready to handle. He spent the day with his guts in knots, and was freaked out by the end of the day. It's OK, he can find another job...we're not worried.

Thursday is the 6th anniversary of him losing his big brother, Steve. He tries to go down to his Mom's each year, and they spend the day together. Since the job isn't working out, I asked him to go. Go and be with her. Go and spend the weekend with a grieving mom. Go.

He'll leave tomorrow morning. The girls and I will chill out here at home, adding Kami to the mix for the weekend. She got sick, and then had a reaction to penicillin, and then had to recover, so we haven't seen her in a few weeks. I'm ready. Mom? Wanna do Soup Salad and Breadsticks again on Saturday?

Natalie's fever has been down all day, so she'll return to school tomorrow. She still has a bit of a dry cough, due to drainage, but she's no longer contagious, so she'll go back. I hope this bug quits making the rounds soon. I'm about done with illness.

I think I'll do the taxes this weekend, while Kevin's gone. If I have questions, I'll call him and consider not submitting until he's back. I've done them the last few years, though, and everything has gone fine.

OK, peace out, Peeps.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

If Cliff doesn't have anything planned, I'm game for Saturday.

Toon said...

Isn't it against the law to make someone leave a job just because of health problems? I'm pretty sure it is.
Get an official note from the doc and don't back down. This is why I've always been a liberal -- somebody has to take the side of the little guy against business interests. F the business!!