Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Home again

Well, another convention is in the books. South Carolina is my favorite show to do. We have a lot of customers there, and I always have a ball visiting and joking with them. I left Saturday morning, flew to Charlotte, NC, and caught a little regional plane to Columbia, SC. I had a window seat on this tiny plane, and was a bit concerned when I saw this:

I guess it's a safety thing! Anyway, I was happy to see it removed before we taxied away from the gate.

The show was at the Embassy Suites. That is always a nice place to stay. It has lots of space in the rooms, as well as free breakfast and a manager's reception each evening. There were a lot of kids there for some reason, and they were running wild through the halls at all hours. I hid in my room quite a bit. This is the living room area:


And this is the bedroom:


Glenn, a buddy of ours from Greenville, drove to Columbia to have dinner with me, and we had a real good time. Then, he even helped me set up the booth! At South Carolina, I'm never without help, but it allowed me to spend a bit more time with Glenn before he headed home. It was great to see him! Kevin and I hope to see him again when we go to vacation in TX in May.

For the smaller, state conventions, we don't take the big booth. Since I was alone for this one, we took one of the easiest booths to set up. It was one of the biggest booth spaces in the trade show, so I had a lot of room to work with.

I got home Monday night after midnight, so yesterday was a LONG day. I was wiped out, and fell asleep a bit after 8. That turned out to be a good thing, since I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

Time to get my lunch packed for today. I guess I better get moving!

No comments: