Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello from Kentucky

We got here, safe and sound, after an uneventful flight.  I posted images here.  It's just a lot easier than posting here on blogger.  I know there is a program on this Mac to do blog entries, but I haven't played with it yet.

After we got here, we were more than ready to eat, so we hit a little cafe across the street.  It had great food.  We usually don't have this much time to wander around and see what there is to see.  Today, though, they pushed the set-up hours to 8-11, so we had many hours of down time.  We explored the hotel, visited with other coworkers as they showed up, and just relaxed a bit.

I hate paying $2 or more for a bottle of Diet Coke, so BWF Michelle and I just walked about 1/2 mile to a convenience store where I bought a 12-pack for the room.  Now, a trash can has been converted into a cooler, and I shall have soda that is (sort of) reasonably priced.  Actually, it's a bit overpriced at a convenience store, too, but it's closer to 50 cents a can.

Well, 13 minutes until we set up the booth.  I better get off here.  I'll check in later!

4 comments:

Happy Being Me said...

That should be the best soda you ever drank coming from Kentucky and priced at .50 cents a can. Hoping all goes well. Take care and have a safe flight home!
Katie

Traci said...

Glad you had some down time.

Lisa said...

Rachel, I miss you !!!!!!!!!!, Come home , Hugs Lisa

Celeste said...

Take care and have some fun