Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting over a virus

No, I'm not sick, but if you remember, my PC was.  I've done some online searching, and found a site that sounded like it had things spelled out.  The problem is, I needed to do it on a weekend, and I was gone last weekend, so today was my chance.

The website that contained the helpful information was bleepingcomputer.com, which I found quite humorous, and it described my feelings to a T.  In researching "antivirus 2009 removal" I found Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and it seemed to do more cleanup than anything else I'd tried.  

I ran it more than once, even though the first time seems to have caught it all.  I also ran Avast a few times, and it updated and found a thing or two new.  I ran it more than once, too.  So far, the computer is online and working normal so far.

I'm glad I didn't have to pay someone to fix a $200 computer.  It seemed ludicrous to do so.  I just hope that I'm right about it being fixed.  If not, I'll try again.  I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to working on my computer.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Glad you got it back to rights. Lou is good at fixing computers too!

Heather said...

You know, I almost asked you if that was the virus, because I had it also. And we got it from a kid's site. ::GRR::

I am so glad you got it fixed. Anti-Malware has done the best so far for us on a couple of things.

Hollie said...

I hope everything is fine now....