Wednesday, January 28, 2009

22 years in a nutshell

I found a lot of long-lost friends from high school, thanks to facebook!  I was stoked immediately, when I saw Rhonda on there.  I have contact with a few, she has contact with a few others, and things started taking shape.

I suggested that we get together when the weather was warmer, in someone's back yard, or at a park, so there wasn't a lot of planning or expense on anyone.  They all instantly planned a get-together for Feb. 7.  Dang!  I'll be out of town!

I told Rhonda that I'd like to meet with her, regardless, so we're getting together this Saturday.  Now, a couple more have been invited.  I am so excited!  It's going to be fun to catch up.

Oh yeah, catching up.  I'm a bit weird when it comes to that.  I was chatting online with Rhonda, on facebook, and she asked a question that would take DAYS to answer in chat form.  I asked if I could call her.  She said yes.  Oh boy...I'm sorry, Rhonda!

I launched into a 5 minute monologue about the last 22 years.  Do you know how much happens to a person in 22 years?  Do you know?  DO YOU UNDERSTAND????  Anyway, I probably freaked her out.  I hope she still shows up on Saturday.  She can look at it this way:  She gets to dominate the conversation, since I've spilled ever.tiny.detail. in the last few minutes.

I'll take pictures and let ya'll know how it goes, but I know how it'll go.  It's going to be awesome.  Boot stompin' awesome.  I'm ready. 

Then, if this isn't enough, I get to keep Kameron this weekend!  Pictures of THAT to come, too!

5 comments:

Traci said...

That sounds awesome! And you get the brandy new teeny tiny baby too?! oh man...

Rachel said...

Yeah, life is looking pretty good right now.

Lisa said...

Hey Rachel, that is cool you will be seeing Rhonda, you could call me sometime if you want, I can email you my number, Hugs Lisa

Hollie said...

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Have fun with the baby.

Heather said...

That sounds awesome. I hope you have a great time!!