Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

The kids put up the tree and I decorated the railing on the front porch. Other than a few decorations around the living room, that's the extent of our decorating. We don't do a huge outside display or anything. It's nice to see other folk's displays, but I don't want to. LOL

Here are some things heard during the afternoon's activities:

"Hey, where's that one chick?" (Monica, referring to Mary in the nativity set.)
"Can we hang the extra ornaments in random places around the house?" (Brett, and no.)
"You can't throw him away just because his arm is broken off!" (Natalie, about a ceramic snowman)
"I lost Jesus! Oh, there he is." (Monica again.)

We also did a lunch assembly line to get lunches ready for tomorrow. Natalie was on sandwich duty, I packed animal crackers, Brett did the chips and Tim gathered supplies and applesauce cups for those who wanted them. It makes things go a lot faster and cuts down on morning craziness.

Thanksgiving at Mom's was great. The food was incredible, we had fun with family, the weather was perfect and everyone seemed to have a good time. We ate too much, but couldn't help ourselves.

Tim took his dog Rayne with us for the first time. I figured she'd do OK, but she surprised us by being great! There were six dogs there, and they all behaved themselves. Mom's dog Iris is doing so much better about being aggressive toward other dogs. They were all mellow and relaxed.

Now, if we can just get Rayne to ride in the back of the truck with Hawkeye, she can make the trip more often. This time, she rode in Brett's car. Kevin and I don't like to haul dogs in the vehicle. Frankly, the dogs around here have FAR too much hair. We'll start Rayne by driving slowly around the neighborhood like we did Hawkeye. Maybe she'll stay put, maybe not. We can only hope.

My shows are reruns tonight, so I'll likely turn in early. I did take a nap today, so we'll see how that goes. I feel so self indulgent when I nap. It was nice. And now, it's time to start another week. It's my turn to work a Saturday, so it'll be a long week, but that's OK. Up to a few years ago, we worked EVERY Saturday in November and December.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week!

No comments: