Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shock and Awe

Kevin does the grocery shopping for this family. I hate doing it, and he doesn't mind. Sometimes I'm with him, but I wander around the store aimlessly while he does the shopping. Since he was in Carthage for the weekend, I decided I'd do it today. Wow.

Walking into the store, I saw 4-packs of Green Giant vegetables for $2. "No way!" I though. I knew that I could get the generic a lot cheaper. I got all of the non-grocery stuff and got depressed about how expensive things seemed. Then, on to the grocery section.

Everything seemed very high priced. The more I shopped, the more my heart (and wallet) sank. When I got to the vegetable aisle, I went straight toward the generic cans. $.76 each? WHAT? When did THAT happen? Forget that!

I finished shopping eventually. It took an extra cart to haul everything out to my car. I spent way more than I'd intended, but we hadn't really done a big grocery run in a couple of weeks. I called Kevin and asked, "When did everything get so expensive?" He laughed at me and said that he knew about it.

I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've gone grocery shopping. I think I'll leave it to Kevin. Oh yeah, and Dear WalMart, I hope you're happy. You kept a LOT of my paycheck today. I don't like you. Sincerely, Rachel.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Girl,
I know what you mean!! Things have gotten soooooooooooooo expensive!!! It just gripes me too!