Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter is on the Way

It's going to be in the 60's today. The sun is shining and it's absolutely beautiful. I've seen the long-range forecast, though. It's not pretty. Highs in the 20's, lows in the teens. Burr. I figured that was reason enough to break out the snow template.

We did a big breakfast today. We always do big breakfast on Sunday. Migas, hash browns, bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy. I ate too much, so I was quite miserable while cleaning the kitchen. I'm glad it's done, though. Now I can relax and watch the last race of the year.

I'm in desperate need of a vacation. The problem is, my vacation is 7 months away! I guess I better get over myself, huh? I'm watching Southwest's website for cheap airfare to TX in June. So far, it's $90. I'm thinking we'll fly if we can get tickets for $49 again (or less.) More than that and we'll just drive.

While grating the potatoes for hash browns this morning, I got my knuckle. I've done it before (in fact, I do it almost every time) but this one is different. It's the knuckle of my pinky, and it will NOT stop bleeding. It's been 2 hours, and I've changed the bandage 4 times! LOL What a stupid little thing. Who knew I had a major artery on my knuckle?

I'm thinking there is a nap in my future. I haven't been getting my Sunday naps for the past several weeks. I love my Sunday naps. It also makes it easier to stay up late for my Sunday night shows. It's pretty sad when you need a nap to make it to 10 pm. Does this mean I'm getting old?

No comments: