Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Mystery


Kevin called me at work today and told me that I had received a package. He said it felt like a T-shirt or something. I have participated in My Coke Rewards for a while, and ordered things with those. I have KC Rewards, but have never redeemed any. I do Swagbucks, and thought maybe I redeemed some points a while back, and it just took a while to get here.

I told him to open it. He did, and it was socks. Thermal, warm socks. WTH? I didn't order socks from anyone. I'm quite sure. Oh well, I'll figure it out when I get home. However, I'm home, and I haven't figured it out.

They came to me, at this address. There is no invoice or information at all. There is a form inclosed for returns, and a catalog for future orders. That's it. I went to their web site and tried to log in, but it didn't recognize my email address, so I did NOT order these.


Finally, I called. After being on hold for 5 minutes or so, I started explaining the situation to the lady on the other end of the line, and have her the order number on the shipping label. She explained that I had ordered them. I asked if she had an email address on file, and she said that she didn't, since "I" ordered them via phone.

Hmm.

She told me that she would send a return label for me, but I wasn't satisfied with that. I asked if there was an amount due, and she explained that "I" had paid for them upon ordering. LOL OK? Whatever. I told her that I didn't want to return them, if they were paid for. They're thermal socks, I'll wear them!

She seemed confused, so I explained that most of my friends have as warped a sense of humor as I do, and we were having an extreme cold spell when these were ordered. Now, out of the 4000 weird friends that I have (and that I love, more now than ever) I have to figure out who did this.

At least my feet will be warm while I do my detective work. LOL


No comments: