Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh. So. Tired.

I can remember my Grandma Wood telling me that I could walk to her house after school any time I wanted. Any time at all. Any day. Except Monday.

I thought that was odd, but Mom explained that work wore Grandma out, and Monday's were just harder. I accepted that and enjoyed going over there on other days. I could wear her perfume (Taboo) and wear her shoes (they fit for about 3 months of my life. Size 6. Sheesh,) and bake a cake if I felt like it. Any day but Monday.

It doesn't seem weird to me any more. I am only up until 10 on 2 work nights per week. Sunday ends after Brothers and Sisters. Thursday ends after Private Practice. Other than that, I go to bed at 9. That's EARLY, compared to what most folks tell me about their schedule. I need my sleep!

Monday is always tough. Gotta get back into the routine; gotta make sure things are set for the week; gotta make sure things are flowing to make life easier for the rest of the family. Monday is rough.

Add to it that my job is in the middle of "busy season." It is crazy busy, and I have a gazillion projects going. I am keeping up, but barely. I arrived at 6:30 this morning, but couldn't even start working until 7, so I only had 1 1/2 hours of "phone free" work. I plan to get there earlier tomorrow.

*sigh*

I better go to bed. LOL I am so thankful to have a job. I love my job. I never dreamed of this job, but if I'd known, this would be the one I dreamed of. I get paid to talk. I get paid to be social. I get paid to post to a blog, facebook, and twitter. I love it. ZZZZzzzzzzz

No comments: