Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The blizzard is here! Board up your homes! Stock up on batteries, water, and tube socks! We're all gonna be snowed in.

Or not.

This always happens, and I didn't expect much, but I *did* expect a flake or two. Nothing. All day. It rained. Yes, it was a COLD rain, but rain, nonetheless. It rained on me most of the trip home. The roads were fine, and speeds were normal.

When I was about 10 miles from home, it turned to sleet. I got home fine, but now it is sleet and snow. Quite pretty, actually. I tried to take a video, because the sleet sounded so pretty. By the time I replaced the batteries that someone (Monica) ran down, it was more snow than sleet and snow isn't very loud.

I had lunch with SIL Susan and Niece Beth today. It was nice to see them, and had been too long. Lunch was only OK, but the company made up for it. Work was crazy busy, and 11 hours wasn't quite enough to get it all done. That means that, at 6 in the morning (if roads allow,) I'll be behind. *sigh*

Job security ROCKS!

I was messing with the dish, via remote control, when both TVs lost signal. Charlie Brown Christmas was on, so this was a MAJOR foul. Monica yelled out, "You've ruined Christmas!" LOL That was pretty good. Turns out, there was snow on the receiver. Whatever.

I want Pringles. (oops, did I say that out loud? Hmmm, gotta work on that.)

Oh, and the BS has started at K's work. He was sent home at 1:00 due to no business. So much for guaranteed 40 hours. Maybe they'll make it up to him, but bear with me if I don't hold my breath.

No comments: