Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No New Pets

My phone rang as I was driving home from work.  Thank goodness for bluetooth.  I answered...

Monica: "You know Bubba's friend Danielle, who goes to KU?"
Me: "Yes?" (only barely remembering the name...)
Monica: "So, she has a hedgehog that she's looking for a good home for."
Me: "No. We're not getting a hedgehog."
Monica: "But he's cute and I'll do EVERYTHING to take care of him."
Me:  "We're not getting a hedgehog."
Monica:  "He's nocturnal, so I won't have to do ANYTHING during the day!"
Me: "No, We're not getting a hedgehog."
Monica: "But, Mooommm!  He is SO cute!"
Me:  "Ask your Dad.  I am driving and I gotta go."
Monica:  "OK, thanks Mom!"

LOL.  I'm evil.  Still, I'll sleep fine tonight.  Hedgehog free. Kevin's new (later) shift may work against him.  BWAAHAAHAAHAAA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<is partial to hedgehogs :-).
~Mary