Friday, January 21, 2011

Drama. Always With the Drama.

There is, once again, drama on the message boards that we frequent.  There seems to be drama from time to time.  The majority of us get together once or twice a year and have a grand old time.  Some feel the need to beg for or DEMAND the attention that drama brings.

I suppose that's true for any large group of people.  If you work outside the home, you know who the drama queens or kings are.  If you attend church, there are likely drama-driven people there, too.  Remember high school?  Drama.  A large group of people = a bit of drama.

How do you react?  At first, I get defensive or mad and spout something off.  Then, I realize that I've been baited and I just shut up.  Shut the heck up.  Watch it play out.  Why get involved?  Hate and anger sucks up a LOT of energy.  I'm too lazy for all of that.

In the last couple of days, I've insulted friends of two different acquaintances.  Not on purpose, mind you.  It was me being honest and not knowing the level of friendship that was there.  One person handled it perfectly.  She told me that she was fabulous friends with the other person and hoped that I would understand her point of view.  I did, and I appreciated the candor.

The other decided that she was all done and couldn't be around people who disagreed with her friend.  She just couldn't read any more about her friend being bad.  I'm sorry.  You don't have to like all of the people that I like, and I don't have to like all of the people that YOU like.  We are ADULTS!

It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.  I pity folks who have no interaction (or so it seems) with other humans, outside of the internet.  Get out of the house.  Go to work.  Meet people.   Go to a coffee shop.  Go enjoy McDonald's free internet.  Take a walk.  Say hello to neighbors.

Seriously!  Let's all move along.  I love my online friends VERY much.  You don't have to like my friends or my family.  It's OK.  My IRL friends and family, though?  Yeah, I have to say that I love them more.  You don't have to like them for us to communicate.  I like them just fine.  I love them.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

This is why I refuse to go back to chat rooms, even private ones set up by my friends. Because I remember the drama. And it's why I don't go back to most message boards. I don't like it when I am required to take sides. I quit.

Anonymous said...

In the last couple of days, I've insulted friends of two different acquaintances.

This happens to me too, only sometimes-it is on purpose.