Sunday, January 30, 2011

More Snow Coming

If the predictions are right, we could get another 8-14" by Tuesday afternoon.  Tomorrow morning's commute will start us off with freezing rain.  That makes me sangry.  Perfect attendance is very important to me, since it means a good bonus at the end of the year, that we usually use for Christmas for the kids.

I pride myself in driving the 40 miles each way regardless of the weather.  I have a car that can do it, and I allow extra time and drive smart, making it in when those who live fewer than 10 miles away don't.  It's a pride thing in many ways.

Still, I'm not stupid.  I won't risk leaving my kids motherless because I have to prove a point.  For that reason, I've packed a bag to take along tomorrow and Tuesday.  I think I'll be able to get there just fine tomorrow, but getting home may be tricky.  If the roads are impassible and wrecks are everywhere, my butt is staying at work.

I don't want to stay there, but I also don't want to die.  I have diet Coke and emergence groceries packed.  I'll have everything I need to stay put, but I sure don't want to.  I love where I live, but in times like this, it can be a pain in the butt.  Worth it in the long run, though.

One last complaint:  I don't want the kids to have any more snow days.  This week could potentially bring 3 or more, keeping them in school past Memorial day.  With Monica's job starting in June, that would cause conflict.  I'm trying not to borrow trouble, though.

I'll just take my suitcase, and hope to bring it right back home tomorrow night.  Where I'll sleep in the house with my family, as it's supposed to be.

1 comment:

Lindie said...

Often, being prepared is enough! Your kids need you and I applaud you. It's better to be prepared.