Thursday, July 12, 2012

A/C Cycle Three Begins - and Brooke!

My buddy Brooke flew in from Texas to surprise me on Monday night.  What a surprise it was, too!  I love it when she's here.  I don't feel like I have to entertain her, so I can go to bed when I need to and sit comatose in the recliner if I need to.  She jumps up and helps in the kitchen, whether it's preparing food, cleaning up, or anything else that needs done.  She's family, only not as lazy as the rest of us.  :)

She accompanied me to my infusion appointment yesterday.  We had my favorite nurse and she laughed with (at) us several times.  Having Brooke there made the time fly by.  After it was over, we made a quick stop at HyVee, and Brooke spotted an Einstein Bagels, nearly giving me whiplash as she pulled in to the parking lot. She loves them, and can't get them near her home.

After that, we came home, and it's good that we did.  I had hit my wall.  Thank goodness, my appetite wasn't completely gone yet, and I enjoyed a piece of pizza.  I had some rewards points built up with Papa Johns, and they have $10 large pizzas on Monday-Wednesday, so I got a great deal.  I'm such a tight-wad.

I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 7:30 and was asleep within 15 minutes.  When I woke up, there was light outside my window.  I looked at my phone and it was 8:40.  How depressing!  I forced myself to stay in bed and dozed off and on until midnight, when I gave up.  I probably got a total of 2 1/2 hours.  Stupid steroids.

Oh well.  Every two weeks, as soon as I start to feel good, I go again.  Thank goodness I only have one more dose of A/C, and then I switch to Taxol, which is supposed to be easier and pack fewer side effects.  I SO hope that proves true.  I still say I'm blessed with light side effects, but if I could eliminate the headache and insomnia, I'd be a happy camper!

I better sign off.  I only have 4 hours before I have to get ready for work!  LOL

3 comments:

Lindie said...

Nice to have friends! I am surprised you are back at work today.

Sandisan said...

It's not easy going through what you are. You are very strong and you have a lot of people praying for you.It will be over soon and then you can recover ... take care Sandi

Bookncoffee said...

That is so awesome that Brooke came and surprised you!