Friday, May 4, 2012

My Tammy, and My Plans

Tammy and Greg came to visit tonight.  They brought along some Bates City BBQ for dinner.  LOVE!  It was amazing as usual.  We had a good visit for several hours, and I committed to something else with her.  At Christmas time, a customer sent a SpaFinder gift card to me.  I am NOT a spa-type of girl.

Since the "C" word was dropped on me, I thought it might be nice to get a pedicure and just make something feel kind of pretty before the ugliness begins.  The problem is, I have issues with feet.  Feet are gross.  As I was talking to Tammy tonight, she said that she had feet issues too, but LOVED the only pedicure she's ever had.  OK, enough for me.

Tomorrow, we'll go get pedicures together.  Wish me luck.  LOL  I'm not sure how I'll feel about it.  It will also be good to spend some time with my Tammy.  It's been too long.  We may even celebrate Cinco de Mayo a bit.  You never know.

Oh crap.  I only own tennis shoes!  What good is a pedicure if it can't be seen?  *sigh*  This is why I avoid being a girl most of the time.  Give me jeans, a sweatshirt, tennis shoes, and a pony tail and I'm fine.  Oh well, we'll figure something out.

Oh yeah:  Most of the hair is going tomorrow, too.  Not all, but I have three weeks to get it down to nearly nothing.  I don't want the shock of waking to 12" chunks of hair on my pillow, so I'm prepping in stages.

Long story short (too late) I'm having a fun day with Tammy tomorrow.  Yay!

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Maybe you would like to take your mother along for a pedicure? I wonder how they would react to feet like mine, with NO TOENAILS and callouses a half-inch thick from going barefoot!
Never mind.

Margaret said...

I love pedicures and having pretty feet to show off in sandals. Hope that it's a great experience for you. It's amazing that, in spite of what you're going through, you're eager to try new experiences. Way to go!