Thursday, September 1, 2011

Traffic Dangers

I was on the way to work yesterday, when traffic came to a screeching halt.  At the hour I go in, traffic is seldom heavy, and when there is a slowdown, it's near the city.  This was in Blue Springs, barely 5 minutes into the Interstate part of my trip.  I sat in the slow lane wondering what the heck was going on.

Before I could even think about what I was seeing, a wheel bounced out of nowhere and hit the SUV in the fast lane, tearing the side mirror off and banging off the side before bouncing into more traffic.  It had to be inflated, because it bounced like a super ball.  I was shocked beyond belief.  Traffic started to move.

As we gained speed again, I was looking around for a car without a wheel.  Nothing.  Nobody pulled over.  Nothing.  That made it an even bigger mystery!  I don't know if that wheel was on a trailer or in the bed of someone's truck or what.  Very bizarre.  Made me worried all the rest of the way in.  A wheel falling from the sky could do a LOT of damage to a Neon.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Sure is nice to see daily entries from you. Your dad is especially happy about it.