Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Work

I often feel like holiday weekends fly by too fast, and almost feel cheated when it's time to go back to work.  This time, though, I feel like I got a full three days of fun out of the weekend.  It's nice.  We got to see my St. Louis aunt and her husband, and Brian surprised us by driving up on Sunday morning!

Kevin did a lot to the cars, changing Monica's transmission fluid and oil, changing my oil and fixing the speaker in my passenger door.  I watched a lot.  We also BBQ'd on Saturday, which had Kevin standing in the pouring rain grilling, at one point.  That was different.

The girls and I went to the mall (ick) and Kevin got to go to a gun show.  Even with all of that going on, I feel like I had a lot of time to relax.  I woke up super early on Monday and watched a couple of movies.  Yup.  I certainly got my money's worth out of this weekend.

Now, it's time to go back to work.  Lots to do before the phones come on this morning, so I better get headed that way.  These cool mornings are wonderful, and it even makes my coffee taste better.  How is that possible?

No comments: