Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's a Date!

I have a date for surgery!  May 23.  I have a surgery date on May 23.  I am ready for it to happen, and I'm glad to have a date.  I'm freaking out a bit, but not for any particular reason.  There have been many studies about PTSD after cancer.  I don't claim that label, but I sure know where they are coming from.  90% of the time, I am fine.  10% of the time, I'm a basket case.

Anyway, I have surgery in Shawnee Mission, Kansas on May 23, and will be back to work the following week.  Let's go.  I'm tired of waiting.  I keep chanting "May 23" because I'm happy to have a date.  Between now and then, I have many appointments.  There is one day in March that I have so many appointments that I had to take a vacation day!

Until May 23, I will just keep on keepin' on.  Wake up, walk the treadmill, shower, go to work, come home, watch TV, go to bed...rinse, repeat.  Just a few more months.

May 23.

3 comments:

small farm girl said...

That's great! I'm glad you have your date that you have been waiting for.

Andrea said...

May 23rd... that's got a really NICE ring to it!! It will be a GOOD day for a surgery!!

--Andrea
XOXOXO

Lindie said...

A nice spring day for you!