Kevin was due for a raise on August 1, and got it. (I don't think I mention often enough how much I love his job, but I love his job.) That was great news, since my checks are suffering. I just can't get 40 hour weeks in very often. The news of his raise made me breath a little bit easier. He had also bid on a different position, but we were just sitting on that, waiting to see what happened.
Well, he got the other position, and figured it would be a couple of weeks before the trickle-down training would find him in that new spot. Nope. He found out this week that he starts Monday! Here are some things that make him (us) smile:
- The position means another (instant) raise, and a higher pay scale before topping out.
- It is much less physical, therefore easier on his beaten and achy body.
- The hours are 6:00-2:30. These are Kevin's DREAM hours and made him nearly giddy.
- There is already talk of OT, which will be easier to do with the (physically) easier job, and will take some pressure off me when I'm not feeling well at work.
- In case you lost count, he has now received two raises in under two weeks.
The last few days, when something's going wrong or I feel crappy or emotionally down, I have the above list to make me feel better. I am so thankful for a husband who works hard to keep us going. Hell, I'm thankful for a husband willing to work, period! And I am very thankful, every day, for Kevin's job.