Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Best Friend

The 30 Day Photo Challenge wants my best friend.  Umm, OK.  This poses 2 possible answers.
This apparent lush (she's not, but I made sure that she looked like one) is my BFF.  It is one of those things where I feel like I've known her from childhood.  Separated at birth.  We laugh non-stop the entire time we're together.  Chica gets me.  We only get to see her a few times a year, and I cherish those times.  It hurts me when our visit is over.
This dude is my other best friend.  He puts up with me like nobody else on earth could ever do.  He knows my oddities and loves me anyway.  He was even kind as we drove away from my other BFF after last year's gathering in Texas, and I was bawling like a baby.  Radar was crying about being separated from his mother for the first time in his 4-months on earth, and I was crying about being separated from Brooke, and Kevin just drove.  He let us have our tears.

He drove our sorry asses all the way back to Missouri, and kept all of his man-thoughts ("What the hell is WRONG with them?") to himself.  I love ya, man.

No comments: