Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

We made it through another busy season.  The last couple of days were SLOW at work.  Yesterday brought just a couple of emergency last-minute orders which we got shipped with no problem.  I'm just glad to have a couple of long weekends ahead.  I guess I'm pretty excited about it, too, since I woke up before 5:30 this morning.

Tomorrow will be a laid-back, no stress Christmas.  I've invited family and friends to drop in any time tomorrow afternoon to visit.  We'll have snack foods galore, but nobody is going to cook a big meal.  Everything I'm going to offer can be put together today, so tomorrow will be just a matter of heating and eating!  Mom has a three-section warmer thing that I plan to borrow, and I have a crock pot.

We'll do meatballs, lil' smokies, cheese dip, chocolate dipped treats, chips and dip, etc.  Mom's bringing her famous cheese ball, too.  Snack foods on disposable plates means no big cooking, no sinks full of dishes, and no stress.  Yup, that sounds pretty good to me.

I know Mom and Dad are coming, as is Brett (oh yeah, Brett moved out to make it easier to watch Kami during the day.  Long story for another time) Kami and her mommy, Lacie.  Nephew Arick will stop by, too.  I've invited Arick's mom and sister, but I don't know if they'll stop by or not.  I think my friend Missy and her son Cole will drop in, and I've invited neighbor Jimmy.

One thing about this style of gathering, it doesn't matter how many or how few stop by!  I would like to see a lot show up, just because I like to visit.  We'll see how it goes.

Today is going to be pretty full.  We'll hit the grocery store for last minute stuff for tomorrow.  We're hoping that Kevin gets to take Tim to pick up a car he's interested in, too.  He doesn't have insurance yet, so we'll have to trailer it home.  That makes me happy that the predicted snow didn't happen.  The roads are just damp and it's above freezing.  We plan to take everyone out to eat Chinese for lunch, since it's Christmas break and the kids have been cooped up all week.

Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post tomorrow.  Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Amber is going to be at Aunt Dar's anyhow, so she'll probably make a showing at some point.