Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Well, Dang.

I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon today.  I was hoping to ditch the sling, once and for all.  That isn't what happened, though.  He said there is a 1.5" area of the incision on the radiated side that didn't heal around the deep sutures. It looks fine on the outside, but he can tell by feeling that it's not holding together in there.  Apparently, I'm only held together by skin in that spot.  So I'm still in a sling, and I have to go back to the surgery center tomorrow.

They'll sedate me into a "twilight" state and open it up, irrigate it, and redo the deep sutures. I should be able to go back to work on Friday, but I'll be in the sling for a while longer for sure.

I'm not scared and it's not a major procedure, but I was VERY angry at first.  Angry to the point of crying all the way back to work.  I am SO tired of the whole ordeal. I don't want surgeries, procedures, or even Dr. visits!  I want to be DONE.

I am in a better place now than I was when he first told me, though. I am thankful that he is so thorough and there are far worse things in life than wearing a sling.  I have one of the best plastic surgeons around and he will take good care of me.  I trust him completely. 

I'll leave home around 9 tomorrow morning, get there by 10:30, and my surgery is scheduled for noon.  I'm an add-in, though, so I'm going to try to be as patient as possible.  Breathe in, breathe out.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Eh, it's just a flesh wound... Quit being such a baby. :)

Love You!