Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vacation Bible School

I'm sick of whining about me, so I'll do an upbeat post. 

I found out that our local church was set to have vacation bible school this week.  When I was a kid, I'd go to every church's vacation bible school if I could.  I LOVED it.  When my kids were little, I let them go to every VBS possible.  They always loved it.  When I saw that it was that time of year again, I asked Kami's mom if she could stay with us for a week and attend.  My girls are on summer break, so they could transport her and watch her. 

I'm working the late shift this week, so I took her to the church on Monday morning.  Monica rode along to help get her situated.  She broke down into tears instantly.  She didn't want to stay, she didn't want to play, she didn't want anything to do with the other kids.  She was sobbing and crying real tears.

I KNEW she'd have a ball if she gave it a chance, so Monica offered to stay with her and I went on my way.  She only cried a tiny bit longer, and by the end of the morning, she was having a ball.  Monica also enjoyed herself and volunteered to help out for the rest of the week.  Win-win.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.

Here is Kami doing arts and crafts:


And having a snack:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the having a snack pic, she is such a crack-up!

Lindie said...

I volunteered at VBS for several years when I was in high school. Loved the little kids!