Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A problem...sort of

So, we have a Secret Santa thingie at work. We draw names, set a price limit, then surprise each other for a couple of weeks, ending with a cool gift on Christmas week. The price limit protects us. Some of the folks I work with can afford a $200 gift at the drop of a hat. I'm doing good to do a $20 gift. That's life. I love the Secret Santa game, and get a kick out of the playing.

My Secret Santa, this past December, happens to be a good friend of mine. She knows me SO well. She hid a beer under my desk on two occasions, and I found some awesome smelling lotion on my desk one morning. She's great.

My "big" gift was a ticket to a Trace Adkins concert. He is the ultimate. He is my favorite. I'd drop my husband like a hot rock for that man (not really, but you get the idea.) He is built like a tall, muscle bound wedge, and he's hot hot HOT! I got a ticket. The show is this Saturday. I got *1* ticket. Price limitations and practicality.

If I don't go, I insult the giver. If I go, I go alone, and it's more than an hour from home. If it wasn't mortgage week, I'd buy a ticket for Kevin and drag him along...or buy a ticket for Mom, and beg her to go. She's aways up for a concert. I just don't have the $$$. I will try for the next two mornings to win tickets from my favorite radio station, but Birthday Bash tickets are the big giveaway right now. I *have* birthday bash tickets...for both nights.

I'll figure this out. There are bigger problems in the world than owning a ticket to a concert by your favorite artist. I just wish I had some solutions to this...Help?

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

When all else fails, ask God.